Friday, May 22, 2009

Jennifer St. Giles

You have to check out this author's work and blogspot (jenniferstgiles.blogspot.com/). Some people need to have a little more guts before they begin checking out the conpetetion. I found it helpful and encouraging...yes, even a little feareful. If I want to write at all, then this should be what I'm doing. Not only is Mrs. Giles's daughter a wonderful young woman and friend of mine, But Mrs. Giles is a nice lady and a wonderful storyteller. "Mistress of Trevelyen" is the one I just began by her (and I read "Lure of the Wolf" in the past and need to reread it). It won the Daphne du Maurier award and even only on page 3 I'm blown away. If you enjoyed du Maurier's "Rebeeca" and "Frenchman's Creeek" your love the style of "Mistress of Trevelyan"! The ambiance, the tone, the voice...it all brings it to life! Step back into 1873 San Francisco and enjoy!!!!