Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Writing sleep-deprived

So I only slept maybe a total of 5 hrs after being awake about 40 hours...and yet I'm still awake.

What's worse is I'm writing and this draft of the prologue sounds better than the last (and 1st) draft of the prologue.

I should probably be scared :-)

My eyes are blurry and watering and itchy. I typed the entire thing on this pathetically small Palm Centro keyboard. But I still think it is better than the first draft. Though I know of at least a page more that it needs before I should let my critters (critique group members: Susan, Kelly & Peg) see it. My current WIP (Work In Progress) is tentatively entitled Colorful Shards. The best blurb I have for it thus far is: A battered woman flees her husband to protect herkids, not knowing she may be the greater threat, as a killer seeks to destroy her bloodline.

Anyway, I really want to share it because it has been so long since I've shared any of my writing...but I'm also a tad intimidated. My beautiful and talented critters all basically started out at the same level...in what? 2002? only they have grown while I was stagnant. They are three of the most supportive women I know though, and I wouldn't trade them even for a book deal :-)