***Part 1 is the previous post below this one. My phone will only allow me to post blogs of certain lengths.***
-------------------------------------------------------------------------"Free" by Ginny Owens-continued-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So when I am consumed by what the world will say,
It's then You're singing to me,
As you remove my chains
"You're free to dance-
Forget about your two left feet
And you're free to sing-
Even joyful noise is music to Me
and you're free to love,
'Cause I've given you My love,
and it's made you free,
Free from worry, free from envy and denial.
Free to live, free to give, free to
smile.
You're free to dance-
Forget about your two left feet
And you're free to sing-
Even joyful noise is music to Me
and you're free to love,
'Cause I've given you My love,
and it's made you free.
Oh, I've given you My love,
and it's made you free.
I have set you free."
-----------------------------------
-------------End of lyrics---------
-----------------------------------
This song pulls at my soul. I'm overweight, unsure, insecure, etc. I love to sing, but don't feel I do well, yet I find myself thrillingly letting my voice soar with the words to this song. The words are so true.
BUT IT ALSO MEANS SO MUCH MORE TO ME.
THE WORDS "FREE" AND "SLAVE" MEAN SO VERY MUCH TO ME.
You see, I have a couple friends who were trafficked. Yes, as in Human Trafficking. Yes, as in modern day slavery. Yes, as in sex slavery.
HUMAN TRAFFICKING happens to all races, in all nations, including to AMERICANS HERE IN AMERICA. Right under our very noses. Atlanta is a city with one of the highest rates of trafficking in the World, for example. Yet we hear about it happening in other countries or only of non-Americans being trafficked in America.
Well, I know differently. And so while in 1 way the above song fills me with joy, it also fills me with such sorrow.
**post continued above in next post**